Friday, May 9, 2008

GRAVY



"GRAVY" BY KEVIN MCENTIRE

wild west show
i cant see in the street
my eyes are covered
and people throwin food at me

crowd gettin mad
they dont like what they see
your dad gettin madder
tosses a lasso around me
yanks me thru the air
cyclones me round his head
side-spins his beer bottle
and he smash me in the head
lands me on the ground
but i still got a lot of speed
in my cowboy outfit
i slide about 500 feet

wild west show
slidin down the street
shouldnt a ate that scoop of gravy
cuz now its all over me

folks from the crowd
gather around me
lift me up into the air
start to pull on me
renching on my arms and head
pushing on my mouth
toss me on the roof of a car
start to drive it around
they drive to your dads
stomp on the breaks
i fly thru the window
try to catch on the drapes
i land on the couch
sitting up perfectly
your mom comes out and offers
me a scoop of gravy

wild west show
drinkin a scoop of gravy
your dad in the bleachers yellin
"get a scoop for me"

at your house
drinkin a scoop of gravy
your dad in the hallway yellin
"save a scoop for me"

No comments:

SUBMIT AWESOME POEMS!