Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Cambridge Boulevard

"Cambridge Boulevard" by Jay Francol

As I quietly stroll the streets of Cambridge
Using Logic as my guide, my son is walking there with
Me, he shows his Harvard Pride

As we walked through Cambridge that sunny day
And we talked about our lives
White linen, brokerages, and Tarte aux Mures
We knew we'd done it right

And I told him accept nothing...From your family and career
but the very best in life
Then he took me by the arm and told me what I needed to hear

He's making:

(chorus)
Real big deals in the city
Sister made partner in the firm
On the mayor's reelection committee
My little Danny's going for his second term
(end chorus)

We had dinner out on Hampshire
Chardonnay Poached Leeks with Crème Fraiche Dressing
With Barbeito 1910 Bual
We finished with Galette des Rois and remembered:

When I was young I made

(chorus x2)

No comments:

SUBMIT AWESOME POEMS!